We hope and pray that you are safe and well. As we continue to reopen the church, we are excited to share with you details regarding our “Phase 2” plan that begins Monday, June 8.
It is very important to us that as we begin to reopen our facilities, we do all that we can to ensure the safety and well-being of both our church community and surrounding neighbors. Our “task force,” made up of Elders, Discovery Church leaders, and a medical professional have been meeting weekly to finalize Phase 2 plans.
What does Phase 2 mean for Discovery?
- We as a staff will continue to abide by all CDC guidelines.
- Offices will remain open at all campus locations.
Our office hours are Monday-Thursday, 9am-5pm.
- Small Groups will be able to meet at all campuses effective June 8. We have extended operating hours (5pm – 9pm) to accommodate small groups meeting at night. We will follow the local CDC guidelines by maintaining 6’ social distancing and limit capacity in each room.
- We ask that anyone visiting our campuses follow the same guidelines. There will be a brief health questionnaire to fill out upon arrival and entry into our facilities.
- Counseling and meetings will continue with extended hours (9am-9pm). To schedule an appointment, please contact the church office at 407-855-3140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weekend services will continue online during Phase 2.
Our DC Kids team has developed an awesome virtual experience called SummerFX. This will be offered weekly on Wednesdays, July 1 – 29. More details will follow on how to register for this summer fun!
Our Student Pastors are developing some exciting summer plans as well; more details will be shared once finalized.
Beginning June 10th from 7-7:45pm, we will be offering a weekly event on Wednesdays called Wednesday Night Live that will be held at the Sand Lake campus only. This will be a time of live worship, a brief devotion, and corporate prayer. This event is by registration only and our max occupancy is 350 as we abide by CDC guidelines. Please note, there will be no DCKids or childcare provided. The first registration will open at 12noon on June 7 for the June 10 event and will reopen every Sunday to follow at 12noon.
When will we reopen for weekend services?
We know that many of our members are anxious to return to weekend services. At this time we are working through all the layers and complexities involved in that. Although we do not know at this time what weekend we will resume in our facilities, what we do know is that once that weekend is determined it will take approximately three to four weeks to prepare all necessary details. Therefore, we will be communicating to you three to four weeks in advance of when we will be returning for weekend services.
We encourage you to continue to stay connected by watching online and look forward to seeing some of you at one of our upcoming Wednesday Night Live events.