March 26, 2020
In response to the recent “stay at home” order given by the mayor of Orange County (effective Thursday, March 26@ 11pm through April 9@ 11pm), we will be closing all of our church offices effective as of Friday, March 27. Should you need to contact us, please email email@example.com or call 407-855-3140. We will be regularly checking our voicemails and still receiving mail.
What new things are being offered?
We will continue streaming our weekend services online. We are adding additional viewing times on Saturdays @ 5pm, 7pm, 9pm, and Sundays @ 9am, 11am, 1pm, and 3pm. We are also providing an “On-Demand” option. (please note, this would not allow for a “chat room” experience) Watch on your mobile device or computer at discoverychurch.org, Facebook @discoveryfl or via the Church Center app.
We are also adding new, virtual message-based groups! These groups will begin next week and are available for signup by going to discoverychurch.org/groups and select JOIN A GROUP. We encourage all of you to get connected if you are not already in a small group. Community is crucial, especially during times of uncertainty. As you have heard us say many times, “don’t soldier it alone”.
Is Discovery changing any other events or programs?
Please note that all groups, meetings, weekend classes, or anything else scheduled at one of our three campuses is suspended through the end of April or until further notice.
Why did we decide to do this?
1) We believe that loving others means protecting others.
2) We are not acting out of fear, we are acting out of responsibility to the community we serve and out of respect for our government and their direction.
3) God has made it possible for us to stream online and gather together digitally.
How can I stay up to date on any new developments or changes Discovery might be making?
As a church family, we are committed to keeping you informed. Here are ways you can get the latest updates:
- Follow us on social media (Instagram and Facebook – @discoveryfl)
- Our website www.discoverychurch.org
- Church-wide emails to anyone in our database. If you are not receiving our emails, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, we believe that we are seeing, and will continue to see, the Church grow stronger through this adversity. God is still in control!
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” – Romans 15:13